Tuesday, December 17, 2013

German 101

Last week I was buying some clothes and while I was checking out I started to get overwhelmed. There were lots of people and someone started to talk to me.... I usually wouldn't worry about that small fact but since they were speaking to me in German I unfortunately got frazzled. As I was taking my bag and getting ready to run out of the store as quickly as possible the woman at the cash register said "Danke" to which I replied to with a cool and confident (I mean heck, I've been in Austria for 3 months- I know how to say "thank you")

 "Danke shoes". 

In case you don't know, thats wrong. Very very wrong. Especially when you are standing in a line surrounded by native german speakers. 

Oh 3 months. I guess I still have a ways to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment